A sweep in need

A sweep in need

Friends in the chimney and venting industry, one of our colleagues needs your help.

John O’Donnell, 58, of Lakeville, Mass., part of the family-run business The Flues Brothers Chimney Sweeps — a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild — suffered life-altering injuries after a recent fall from a ladder at a worksite.

John was paralyzed from the waist down after the fall, which injured his spine, in addition to causing multiple broken bones.

There is hope that once all of the swelling goes down he will gain movement in his legs, but that is uncertain.

He is undergoing rehabilitation at a top-notch facility, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston, MA.

CSIA Staff spoke to John by phone. His resolve is amazing and his courage is remarkable.

His family has insurance, but beyond medical care, they face the immediate hurdle of “life costs” related to the paralysis, including what type of wheelchair he’ll have to purchase.

We know many of you want to contribute toward helping John, a CSIA Certified Chimney Sweep since 1984!

Those of you interested in a financial donation can do so securely on this special website. Give what you can, or donate the income from one sweep.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s